The Director, Technology will apply advanced technologies and lead developers to help solve real-world problems. Reporting directly to the Managing Director, the Director of Technology will need to be a player-coach who can lead a team while being a hands-on active participant in development of healthcare blockchain solutions. This individual should be willing to take on challenges of unknown dimensions, and work closely with the business, customers, and developers. You will also need to have very strong technical skills in data sciences, artificial intelligence and machine learning with a strong business acumen, and proven leadership capabilities.
- Technical planning, development, and systems integration on product releases from definition phase through implementation
- Ensure the product roadmap aligns withThe Patientory Association’s overall objectives
- Build and maintain systems in a way that ensures compliance with certification, regulatory standards, and FDA guidelines
- Ensure teams follow best practices regarding coding standards, code reviews, and testing (including unit, integration, and system test).
- Assess technological options and design offerings supporting scalable, high-performance, and highly available environments
- Stay current on the emerging directions in blockchain technologies
- Provide technical thought leadership towards solving problems for the team;
- Drive the adoption of key engineering best practices to improve quality and reliability of team’s deliverables;
- Recruit, inspire, and coordinate staff required for the achievement of the Company’s Big Data technology initiatives;
- Stays abreast of emerging technology, trends and best practices.
- Knowledge or working experience of Data Processing Algorithms and Design Patterns
- Experience with big data platforms preferred, with Machine learning/Deep learning platform a plus
- Ability to mobilize and lead technical teams to achieve company goals and long-term IT objectives.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with business leaders to prioritize IT changes and projects.
- Ability to oversee QA testing and the release process.
- Capable of recommending vendor products, services, and solutions to impact cost reductions and resource maximization
- A strong passion for getting things done, solving real problems, and learning new things
Knowledge of FDA compliance
- Blockchain experience
- Self-starter who enjoys collaborating
- Flexible and able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- 7+ years of new software development experience (coding and design).
- 5+ years of experience in managing internal and external Software Developers.
- Advanced experience in managing blockchain-based (healthcare) Projects
- Strong understanding of architecture patterns and operational characteristics of highly available and scalable applications
- Significant experience developing software using a modern language/framework (C#, Python, Ruby, Scala, Java, Haskell, etc.).
Minimum – Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or related field. Master’s Degree preferred, PhD will be an advantage.
An attractive compensation package commensurate with this senior leadership role will be provided.
- Email your resume to email@example.com
- Include 3 bullet points about why you’re the best choice for the job.
- Put “Director of Technology” in the subject line.